RENEDIL (PLENDIL) INDICATIONS
Renedil is used for treating high blood pressure, alone or with other medications. Renedil is a calcium channel blocker. It works by blocking the normal action of calcium on blood vessels and the heart. This allows the blood vessels to relax, the heart to beat with less force and pump out less blood, and the heart to beat more slowly and regularly.
RENEDIL (PLENDIL) INSTRUCTIONS
Use Renedil as directed by your doctor.
- Renedil should be regularly taken either without food or with a light meal
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking Renedil
- Do not to crush or chew tablets. Swallow them whole
- If you miss a dose of Renedil, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Renedil.
RENEDIL (PLENDIL) STORAGE
Store Renedil at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Renedil out of the reach of children and away from pets.
RENEDIL (PLENDIL) MORE INFO:
Do NOT use Renedil if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Renedil
- you have a history of low blood pressure.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Renedil. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems, breathing problems, or a slow heartbeat.
Some medicines may interact with Renedil. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, or hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the effectiveness of Renedil may be decreased
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), cimetidine, or erythromycin because the actions and side effects of Renedil may be increased
- Macrolide immunosuppressives (eg, tacrolimus) because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Renedil may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Renedil may cause dizziness or lightheadedness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Renedil. Using Renedil alone, with other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Renedil may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. Alcohol, hot weather, exercise, and fever can increase these effects. To prevent them, sit or stand up slowly, especially in the morning. Also, sit or lie down at the first sign of dizziness, lightheadedness, or weakness.
- Patients being treated for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after beginning treatment. Continue taking your medication even though you may not feel quite "normal." Contact your doctor or pharmacist about any new symptoms.
- While you are using Renedil, brush and floss your teeth carefully. Also, have regular dental checkups.
- Use Renedil with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Renedil during pregnancy. It is unknown if this drug is excreted in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Renedil.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Diarrhea; dizziness; flushing; headache; mild swelling of gums; nausea; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breathing problems; chest pain; enlarged breasts in men; fast or irregular heartbeat; heart problems; impotence; lightheadedness and fainting; swelling of the ankles or hands.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.